How To Make a French Press
Time to dive into the French Press world with this awesome recipe using the French Press.
- French Press
- Coffee Scales
- Coffee Grinder
The Good Stuff:
- 15g of coffee (coarse grind)
- 250ml of water
Let's Make Magic:
- Gather up all your gear and coffee goodies.
- Heat that brewing water to a cozy 97°C.
- Make sure your cafetiere is squeaky clean. Warm it up with some hot water, then dump it out once it's nice and warm.
- Grind that coffee coarsely – think granulated sugar vibes.
- Toss 15g of the ground coffee into the cafetiere.
- Pop it on the scale and hit reset to zero.
Pour and Plunge:
Pour 250ml of water into the cafetiere in a sweet circular motion, making sure all those grinds get a good bath.
Give it a gentle stir three times.
Add the plunger to the top and let it brew for a chill 3:00 minutes.
At the 3:00 mark, take the plunger out, give it a gentle stir three times, and skim off the top layer of coffee with two tablespoons – bye-bye, grounds!
Pop the plunger back on and let it brew until the 6:00-minute mark.
At 6:00, plunge it down until the mesh filter touches the coffee's surface in the cafetiere.
Pour that liquid gold into a carafe or warm cups to stop the brewing process.
Now, my friend, it's time to savor and enjoy your French Press masterpiece! ☕✨